For home care workers in Bedfordshire County Council area

A manager of a home care organisation in Bedford asked us to help inform Filipino workers in the area about their rights to transfer benefits. Apparently, another company has provided incorrect information to their staff.

If you are working for a home care provider in Bedford, Biggleswade, Sandy, Arlesey, Shefford, Stotfold and surrounding areas whose contract with Bedfordshire County Council has not been renewed, you may be entitled to transfer to our company under the Transfer of undertakings (Protection of Employment) TUPE – regulations. Under these regulations your employment rights are protected and you should be able to continue working in the same geographical area you have been used to and provide continuity of care for those Service Users that you currently look after. If you currently need a work permit with your current employer it should be possible, under the TUPE regulations, to transfer this to our company.

If you would like to consider this option, or would like any further information, please contact Plan Personnel on 01234 270242.

Our full contact details are as follows:-

Plan Personnel
Unit 15 b Bedford Heights
Manton Lane
MK41 7PH

Tel: 01234 270242
Fax: 01234 341280
Email: [email protected]

Please also see his attached fact sheet: Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) TUPE

This is third-party information so please check the facts for yourself.